May 29, 2015

No Hang Ups Then?





Thanks for ruddy nothing, you've done it once again
made me pace outside the theatre like a half demented hen!

Your timekeeping is rubbish, always last out of the door -
said you'd be there for three-thirty now it's almost half past four!

I'm squelching and I'm dripping and my nerves no longer cope
mascara's running down my cheeks, my brolly's lost all hope!

My bag and it's belongings catered for our evening out - 
with sweets and crisps and programmes, tins of lemonade and stout.

Well,  I'm effing off without you, back home to my little pad
whose threshold you won't cross again, it's really rather sad!

So I'm taking off my hat and ring and cozy up inside - 
won't be seen with you nor taken for another ride!

But I'll keep the phone plugged to the wall, the back door just ajar -
mute the sound and maybe listen for the engine of your car

The chocolate must be Belgian, washed down with fizzy drinks - 
the bouquet huge and made up of - apologetic pinks!!!


5 comments:

^.^ said...

... forget 'bout ur brolly and things ... as long as u carry a gun ... smiles ... Love, cat.

Berowne said...

Quite skillful. And enjoyable.

Kutamun said...

Excellent write , Ms Masoch !

Unknown said...

Wow! This was a lot of fun. Well written, good rhyme pattern. Loved it. But I must say to this fair lady, she needs to drop him like he's hot. Respect!

Geo. said...

I am relieved poem ended with an opening for Belgian chocolate, an acceptable apology to repair the future.